Disability Employment Services (DES) offers employment services to people who have health conditions and injuries. Employment services are responsible for managing all the employment opportunities for people in Australia, and DES is accountable for helping people with disadvantages in finding and keeping a job (FAKAJ).
Disability Employment Services
This program contains professional service providers called DES providers; they help people with challenges with finding and maintaining a job. DES is a flexible program that allows the participants to choose the services they receive, and they can also choose their provider. It is further divided into two parts to make jobs more accessible and convenient.
Disability Management Services: This category helps people with health conditions in job seeking and also provides occasional support with their workplace activities.
Employment Support Services: This category allows people who have permanent impairment to get regular support they might need at their workplace.
To be eligible for this program, you need to be over 15 years of age. DES also helps you in finding a job if you are a high schooler; this program will help you transition from school to work without facing any difficulty.
NDIS provides you with the following employment options;
- You can use your NDIS funding to explore your interests. If you are unsure about what kind of work you want to do, exploring options can help you find the job that suits your skills.
- Run your own small business.
- If you have a family business, you can also work there if it brings you closer to your goal.
- Get support for your ongoing work.
- Switch jobs.
How Can I Apply For Employment Under NDIS?
It is a big step for you if you plan on starting working regardless of the challenges. To get FAKAJ in your NDIS plan, you first need to talk to your NDIA and LAC planner. The plan meetings are scheduled to make your NDIS most beneficial and productive for you; you can request for FAKAJ in those meetings.
You will be asked some questions before adding FAKAJ to your plan; these questions might include;
- Your previous work experience and qualifications?
- Have you thought about working before?
- Any additional courses and skills?
- Do you manage your own finances?
In case you need support at your workplace, you can also discuss it with your support coordinator, and NDIS might help you with it as well. You can also request an unplanned review meeting if your scheduled appointment is not anytime soon and you need urgent changes in your plan. You can request your service provider to arrange the meeting and then get employment in your NDIS plan after proving that your circumstances have changed and the support is reasonable and necessary.
What Does FAKAJ Involve?
Once you get employment support in your NDIS plan, the next step is to find the right service provider for you, and after that, you can access the following activities;
- Help in finding job experience opportunities.
- Job training
- Access to vocational activities
- Key skills development like money handling and time management.
What Are We Responsible For?
As the leading NDIS disability provider in South East Melbourne, Personalised Support Services take responsibility for the following services;
- Providing everyday support if you’re working, looking for a job, or not working at all.
- Assistance with routine tasks at the workplace like going to the toilet, eating, and drinking.
- Providing support that is needed to keep a job.
- Helping with transport from and to work if you are unable to use public transport without facing significant challenges.
- Helping in transition to work to improve your communication and relationship skills and choosing the right clothes for the day.
Personalised Support Services is an NDIS disability provider in South East Melbourne. Our team of professional service providers help you find the right job for you and provide all the necessary support with compassionate care.